Slip Coupling

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robh

Hi

I need to solder on a copper slip couple on a rigid vertical pipe. Are there any tips for holding it in place whilst I solder it. The problem is, without a method/trick to hold it, the bloody thing slips down when I heat it up.

Any help/tips mega - gratefully received!:crazy:

Depending on the size couldn't you give it a little squeeze with a pair of pump pliers?

Thanks Mike. It's 16mm (I live in France) so it'll take a squeeze (as the actress said to the bishop, ha,ha).

For some reason my replies aren't appearing under the individual messages - something I'm doing wrong. Anyway, thanks for taking time to post a reply Mike-c, Gray 0689 and AWheating -

click the reply with quote button at the bottom of the post you want to directly respond to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back