Search the forum,

Discuss Single pipe system help please ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brettcooper

IMAG0019.jpg

Hi, I am assuming from the picture of the rad above that this is a one pipe system.
I was hoping i could take a feed from this for a towel rad as the bathroom is the other side of this wall.
Any advice as to how i would go about this please.
Thanks
brett

Attachments

• rads.jpg
    rads.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 35
That could be any type of system but I would say its a two pipe

Just tee in to pipes. One either side and feed to you towel rail

You will need to balance afterwards. But you sound like your on the right track

Thanks for the speedy reply (WOW) .
If i do as you say and tee into the two pipes assuming its a two pipe system would it cause any issues if its actually a one pipe system ?

Having no lockshield valve doesn't mean one pipe, look under floor to see if pipework to both sides of the rad are connected together, if they are, one pipe, if not 2 pipe. If it's 2 pipe I would say install lock shield on right hand side of rad before extending system, but be careful, that's a old rad, over tightening rad valve tail will split the rad.
If system is a one pipe, it's more complicated. Jon

Ok i think i will pull up a couple of boards to be 100% sure. If it is a one pipe system how do i go about taking a feed ?

BERTRAD.jpgIf its a one pipe system that i am dealing with will this be the best way to add a rad ?

Thanks

sorry to be horrible but why you attemting it, if you dont no what ye doing or what system it is ,wether its a 1 pipe system or 2 is the least of ye problems

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problem adding a rad if its a standard 2 pipe system its just that i have never come across a 1 pipe system before so i just want to cover all bases.

if its a one pipe system its basically a ring main with each side of the rad connected in to it youd need to extend the rind to pass below the new rad

That makes sense, If you look at the diagram i posted above does that look about right ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Will i need to run a link between the two tails on the towel radiator so that the system still works if the towel rad is isolated?

Will i need to run a link between the two tails on the towel radiator so that the system still works if the towel rad is isolated?

No, if you do the hot water will bypass the rad. Why would you isolate the towel rail? Don't use TRVs on a one pipe system.

More as a precaution if I turn of the towel rad, without a link at the bottom won't it stop the flow to the rest of the rads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Single pipe system help please ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking for guidance to access the cartridge of a leaking single handle bathroom faucet. It has no visible markings on it to determine manufacturer. I see how to remove the handle but question the 2 metal rings which are part of the faucet. Do these need to be removed to access the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All I have a single pipe central heating system which was extended 20 years ago when we had an extension. The heating upstairs has never been great particularly in the extended part with only a few of the original radiators getting very hot. We replaced the downstairs radiators with UFH...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock