Discuss Shower pump needs replacing any recommendations? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lampy

Hi our shower pump is on it's last legs its a salamander RSP50, thought i had found a good bargain replacement on ebay but it escaped me. Any recommendations on a good deal or a good budget pump to replace it? Needs to be a positive head twin pump 1.5 or 2.0 bar. The pump actually feeds the whole house and not just the shower, is situated under the bath on the first floor with the cold tank in the loft above and the hot water tank downstairs in the airing cupboard. Looking at £150 max if poss. Cheers

A negative head pump for the whole house for £150? That's some task you've set yourself.

Stuart Turner every time for me but more like £350.

A salamander RHP50 is the best value for money for that job. It will cost you more than £150 though.

DON'T be tempted by ordinary twin impeller pumps that are not designed for whole house use. These pumps have one motor, connected to two impellers - one in the hot chamber and one in the cold chamber.

When pumping a shower, there is (almost always) some flow through both sides - so no problem.

However, if you use it as a whole-house pump, and someone runs (say) just cold - then the impeller in the hot chamber is working hard to drive water against a closed head. After a while, something has to give, so the seals blow.

Whole house pumps are designed to cope with this, usually by means of a small bypass which takes just enough pressure out of the closed side to stop the problem. If you skimp on this, you will be back on the market for another pump in a few months.

Stuart Turner S2.0 Twin would be ideal. Comes with a 5 year warranty and is designed for the job you're asking. Can be had for about £300

Don't try and skimp by buying a standard shower pump, it wont last long and you'll probably end up buying two in the space of the 5 year warranty to be had with the Stuart Turner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower pump needs replacing any recommendations? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi All Just looking for some advice on which Exposed Thermostatic Mixer Shower (Bar Shower) would go well with the Shower Pump i'm getting...
Replies
Views
I've got a non condensing Glowworm Ultimate with gravity tank and hot Water tank in a 4 bed house. 11 radiators 1 double 1400mm length 1 P+...
Replies
Views
Back