Discuss shower panels/wall panels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Has anyone used these?
Any good?
looking to change around a bathroom layout and probably cant match the tiles for making good on one wall.

Never bothered with them - tiles all the way for me!

used one 6 months back, you need almost perfect walls or batten them out flat and vertical. The actual boards are a doddle to put up once all the walls are correct. saves time, ie install panels in a day, so addtional cost of panels covered by less tiling costs. Easier to keep clean, but in all I like tiles but having said that panels are great for multiple cubicles in schools etc.

Fitted these on a chalet on an island on the Thames; tiles weren't an option considering the structure.

I was impressed but clearly have their place.

Cladding I presume your on about, I have installed them before but nothing beats tiles.

but if its your option there easy batten out ceiling use nail tacks and grip grab to secure panels, you also should buy a pvc fine tooth saw for a better finish. on walls all I did was make sure the wall surface was decent and grip grab the panels onto the wall. and around wet areas you have to silicone each tongue and grove before slotting them together.

I sometimes use the Grant Westfield Multipanels infact I'm doing one 7th Jan, they are the sheet type 12mm laminated marine ply and ÂŁ100 a sheet so no mistakes. :(

i took a look at the website system3 posted in a thread he seems to use them alot no doubt he will comment when he sees this. i orderd the sample pack from them and to be honest look good. think if the right job came then i would use them seem strong and durable with the wipe clean shine.

I've used the ones system uses and the ply boards. Works out a lot cheaper than tiling and gives a nice finish.

for me the big advantage is the easier to clean thing and no nasty grout lines a few months down the road.

I can imagine these to be a pain when fixing things to it like a toilet roll holder, grab rail etc - or a radiator. Wouldn't the cladding distort when trying to get a tight fixing?

its only really thin, if you have flat walls you will be fine. if you are dry lining the wall dot n dab then you could get distortion if you are pulling the bracket through a small void inbetween dots and into the brickwork beyond, but a bit of planning prevents this....just put more dabs behind the plasterboard where the fixings are going.

I sometimes use the Grant Westfield Multipanels infact I'm doing one 7th Jan, they are the sheet type 12mm laminated marine ply and ÂŁ100 a sheet so no mistakes. :(

Where are you getting them for ÂŁ100? They seem to be around ÂŁ150 on the sites I have looked.

I pay about 100 inc, but depends on the pattern. Some are more expensive than others. I wasn't a fine of them, but the more I do the more I like them. Much quicker than tiling.

I don't buy anything I get the customer to get what they want and I fit it, I'm sure PTS gets them for around ÂŁ80+ VAT.

I prefer tiles though myself and if looked after you don't have to have grout problems.

After I have a shower I dry myself and then with the towel dry all the tiles in the shower and wipe all the silicone down its the only decent thing to do otherwise it will all go black.

I prefer tiles though myself and if looked after you don't have to have grout problems.

After I have a shower I dry myself and then with the towel dry all the tiles in the shower and wipe all the silicone down its the only decent thing to do otherwise it will all go black.

You should shower before the missus then she has to wipe it down for you:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

P.s on wetboard twenty seconds with a squeegie and it comes up brand new.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower panels/wall panels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock