Discuss Shower issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Had a call earlier today saying I've caused a leak on a triton mixer bar shower because i forgot to fit two washers. I fitted it last week and at the time i left nothing was leaking ironic that i also checked the dial at the meter and all was good there as well.
Customer phoned and said they noticed damp appearing past the tiled cubicle first and called the builder in ,and from that point it has been said that i didn't fit two washers.
Now the only washers i can think of are the two on the nuts behind the shower mixer bar.Now i remember dropping one when fitting it and picking it up and putting them in again. Problem being is that they are saying that the whole wall is now damaged tiles /plaster board stud work needs addressing but i have been called after to say its my fault .

Initially i said ok apologies etc but after thought is hang on a mo so what you guys think?

If you don't fit those washers, with or without filters water will spray out when the showers turned on

I did a swap last year, turned water on, went to bathroom & got a cold shower myself as I didn't put washers in. I tried tightening the nuts while water in but it wouldn't seal.

So, I reckon they're talking bollux

If you forget the washers you know it as soon as water is on.

My thoughts for what they are worth are ......

1) Why didn`t they call you, why the builder?
2) Is it the builder saying the washers are missing?
3) With no washers surely it would **** water out straight away so how come a week later you get the call?
4) Is this one of your "late" paying customers?
5) What could they gain by being naughty here?

Last edited:
That's pretty much my thoughts on this you notice it quick if the washers are missing .

Also I am quite certain I out the washers on as I can recall dropping them when in the cubicle and putting them in again.
Just all seems rather odd that I have been told no washers a week later and all this damage has happened.

If you didnt fit the washers then water would have been leaking from day one. It would have leaked inside the wet area though so shouldnt cause a problem.

Sounds wrong to me, especially if you didnt get the chance to look at it. Take it you just did the plumbing bits?

What do most builders know about plumbing in showers anyway?

It'll end up looking like this

tumblr_o6t98xpb9x1qzhjh2o1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off...
Replies
Views
Back