Discuss Short cycle after a long cycle why? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bayliner

Hi Guys

i have just installed a new Honeywell homexpert thermostat, I set it to do 3 cycles per hour of 4 mins. This keeps the house at a nice temp. But just recently after 6 days of installing the stat, it will do a 15 second cycle just after it finishes it long cycle. I would say it happens more just after the heating programme kicks in and then just reverts back to the long cycles after a couple of hours.

Is there a reason why. It never did it before

thanks in advance

Paolo

as ermi says it is pump overrun.
a feature designed to dissipate the heat.

Thanks, so nothing to worry about then. As mentioned this does stop but after a couple of hours of the heating programme being on, I guess when the house is nice and warm.

thanks

paolo

Sorry just to clarify the pump stays on but also the boiler is firing up for 10-15 seconds after it's longer cycle and then you hear the valve closing.

paolo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Short cycle after a long cycle why? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
We are experiencing an issue with CH short cycling on a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25i ErP boiler. From a cold start the boiler fires for only ~25...
Replies
Views
Hello, I wonder if anyone could offer some advice please? I have an Ultracom 30HXI that serves DHW, Radiators and UFH manifolds. The boiler is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock