Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Second magnetic filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have a fernox TF1 fitted; can I fit another Magnacleanfilter in series? Would be there any restriction on the return pipe? Both manufacturersstates that they are not restricting the flow when fitted individually.
Any suggestion, opinion, will be greatly appreciated.
Regards

i guess so if they dont restrict flow rates. are you trying to see which one works best?

i would of said that the manufacturers saying they don't restrict the flow is not 100% true

but if you only have 8/9 rads i wouldn't of thought you would see any noticeable difference

I already have a fernox TF1 fitted; can I fit another Magnacleanfilter in series? Would be there any restriction on the return pipe? Both manufacturersstates that they are not restricting the flow when fitted individually.
Any suggestion, opinion, will be greatly appreciated.
Regards

i f your putting another filter on your system because you believe your system needs it, i'd be looking at the reasons why you feel this is necessary,there all good and well at treating the symptoms but not the cause.

Thank you GuysI am always suspicious about the manufacturer statements that's why my enquire.I have in total 10 radiators +2 small towel rail and a small vent convector in the bathroom in my living room I have 3 tall radiators 2 column 1800X320 all with TRV, on the ingress I have another 2 tall radiators 3 column 1800x240 on each side of a small bay window.Upstairs 4 bedrooms one with a dual panel rad 1100x450 another with a dual panel 1200x450.Another with a tall rad 3 column 1800x340, and the last with 2 rad at each side of a bay window one is 3 column 1800 x 280 the other is 2 column 1800x180.I don’t particularly like to put another filter on, but as I am getting hold of a used magnacleanse and looks like that the hose connection of it won’t fit the TF1. (Fernox make an adaptor to fit the TF1 but looks like it’s only for their equipment). I was wondering if will be convenient fit the magnaclense filter or I maybe have to make and adaptor, any suggestion how to make it will help.Thank you for your contributionregards

The magnacleanse adapter is only 3/4" bsp easy enough to make something up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Second magnetic filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just had a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Ri fitted with the magnetic filter. When the system is running the boiler is so quiet but there is a...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I have an old (~2006) Potterton powermax boiler. It's a gas system boiler with a small unvented cylinder in one small package, in a flat. Because...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking to fit a small Nordic 3 column radiator, but the red plastic bung that indicated the top has been removed along with all...
Replies
Views
I no a magnetic filter should be fitted on the return after the last return contaction to the boiler. However on a open vented system I could fit...
Replies
Views
I had new taps fitted within the last year on my bathroom sink. When turning on both the hot or cold tap, there is a vibration/squeaking noise, if...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock