Search the forum,

Discuss Sealing edge of bath - sealing tape in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 126887

Hi - need some assistance.

What tape do you recommend when doing belt and braces approach to stop water ingress against wall and bath?

I did see:
Orion 10m Waterproof Sealing Tape on victoria plumbing.

Thanks.

Silicone bath to wall, press in and smooth so no voids.
Then tile, keeping a 2-3mm gap between tile and bath.
Don’t allow any grout into this gap, or clean it out with a Stanley knife if you do.
Fill up bath with water.
Finish tile bath joint with silicone, filling gap and lapping up onto tile 2-3 mm at least.
Leave for 24 hours before you let the water out.
This will not leak between bath/wall.

Reply to Sealing edge of bath - sealing tape in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock