Search the forum,

Discuss Running a Combi with out mains water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonybbb

Hi
In my static caravan I have a Morco GB24 LPG combi boiler on the central heating side its had glycol or some other antifreeze in the system and this is ok to be left over the winter how ever I drain down the domestic water side even through the pipes a lagged I don't think its worth taking a chance

this year I fitted a GSM switch to the room sat connection and it works great I can switch the heating on via my mobile phone a hour or so before we get there

so the question is if I drain down the domestic water side is it safe to run the central heating for a hour or so then fill the domestic water side when we get there I have just tried the boiler and it switches on ok

will this damage the boiler

Thanks in advance for any advice
BR

Tony

It should run fine. To winterize a caravan. Get glycol level checked every year, disconnect shower valve and press non return valves, disconnect mains cold, open all taps, open hot and cold drain valves and blow out pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Running a Combi with out mains water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has just had a new boiler fitted and hes noticed that the pump runs 24x7 even when both the heating and hot water are set to off. He’s also found that when the hot water is set to off on the programe timer, the boiler is still heating up water. I wonder if this is because the engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor flat above it, and both share the same mains water pipe, and I believe the stopcock behind the washing machine isolates all water to both properties...
Replies
Views
My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call for heat. If this is not the case. Can the divertor valve be the cause of the issue?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock