Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Rothenburger Eco Pipe freezer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plum Bob 66

Hi There

Although I usually extole the the Rothenburger Eco Pipe freezer on Monday it let me down badly and I was majorly brassed off as I couldn't get it to go below -5 degrees for love nor money so in went the bungs and job done.

As this is no cheap piece of kit I was starting to get a bit worried about repair cost ect as the unit is out off warranty. Set the freezer up at home and had one more go, no joy so decided to ring Rothenburger uk. A very helpful lady answered the phone and diagnosed the problem straight away and talked me through the fixing process. Joy of joys it was down to -23 like feacal matter of a long protrusion !!

So heres how its done at no cost to you !

1. With freezer turned off lift up the front electric dispaly panel, dead easy.
  2. locate big silver screw on black box (cant miss it)
  3. Undo screw and fill reservoir to the top with tap water.
  4. With screw off , turn on unit and set up clamps on 2 test pipe with appropriate reducers.
  5. Set to desired pipe size, press the * button an then the on button
  6. Temp should start to drop and at the same time watch for air bubbles rising from the black tank.
  7. Once the air bubbles have stopped rising and machine has reached -23 and starts beeping, replace silver screw firmly.
  8. Let out large sigh of relief !

Apparently air getting in the glycol mix had been a problem on the early models had been a common complaint. Incidentally the problem has been rectified in the newer models

For any body that's interested Rothenburger Uk can be contacted on 01536310300

Hope this information is useful to somebody

Happy Freezing Bob ;)

This is the exact reason I hated the first ever model of this. The fz400. Very temperamental

Glad to hear

May I suggest you monitor the glycol level if you keep on topping up.

This is the exact reason I hated the first ever model of this. The fz400. Very temperamental

Glad to hear

May I suggest you monitor the glycol level if you keep on topping up.

That would be wise !

Got a price of plumbase for 1 today 500 inc vat anyone had a better deal when they brought theirs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothenburger Eco Pipe freezer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock