Discuss RF Room Stat wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid Viscous

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Electrics not my strong point, got a Siemens rf room stat to wire into this:

IMAG0013.jpg

Looks decidedly home made!

Where the bloomin' heck do I start?

Reciever req's permenant L & N ( the easy bit! ) LX=common, L1=switched live.

All ideas welcome

, you need to find the wire that is live when calling for heating, remove this from block and connect to reciver, then back from reciver to were the wire went into the block, so that you are making a loop through the reciver hope this makes sense.

get it right or you may need a new pcb if you get it wrong!!!!!!!!

In the fuse spur next to controller there's a live feed from the valve to the boiler, joined on a piece of choc block. Do you reckon I'd get away with looping that thru LX & L1?
Makes sense to me, but then I do be a bit daft!!

Click on timer for heating / see whitch wire is then live in J/box that is then switchd live from timer, pull out this wire put on choc block, then extendd this wire into receiver, then from other connection in reciver run this back to the connection that you took the first wire from so that you make a loop P/Live -N - E needs to be from spur.

Thought of a possible issue with connecting via the switched live, wouldn't that hold off the boiler when it's calling for DHW only?
Looks like I'm gonna have to connect at the valve...:ack2:

Put a link between l and lx(common) and run a switched live from l1 to the white wire on the motorised valve.

No you are only brakeing into the heating SL not the hot water, timer calls for heat for heating, sends signel to room stat this then sends signel back to wireing center, remember that SL for hot and SL for heating go to differant terminals in wireing center.

It's on & working!! Thanks for the input guys, especially jts :biggrin5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to RF Room Stat wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Objective: I have an existing s-plan plus (see below for details) heating and hot water system, with 2 independent heating zones. There is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
I have a Potterton Performa 24 Eco HE combi, and the integral analogue timer clock is jammed. I want to fit a new Honeywell CMT927 RF programmable...
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
O
Hi Guys! I've got a problem with a Honeywell Sundial Wiring system which has me scratching my head. The room thermostat is switching correctly...
Replies
Views
O
im replacing an old programmable thermostat with a single channel TS715si programmer and a seperate RETB RF + RX1 room stat. can anyone in simple...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock