Discuss Replacing kitchen tap, help needed in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My kitchen tap is broken and needs replacing. Can anyone help me out but explaining what I need to do in order to remove it? I've removed the bolt attaching the tap itself to the sink, so it's loose at the top. Underneath, I can see the hot and cold plus the feed for the washing machine. There are isolation values for each of them which I have turned off. Seems like a silly question but what do I need to unscrew to get the thing off?!
IMG_3348.jpg
IMG_3346.jpg

Hi Andy,

Either undo the nuts circled red and blue, or pull on the pushfit collets, to remove the pipe. If your new taps come with the same compression fittings (the silver type nuts) then go with first option.

Attachments

• A0A7E515-FCD1-4DC3-AC1F-1E0902312C79.jpeg
    A0A7E515-FCD1-4DC3-AC1F-1E0902312C79.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 9
Hi Andy,

Either undo the nuts circled red and blue, or pull on the pushfit collets, to remove the pipe. If your new taps come with the same compression fittings (the silver type nuts) then go with first option.

Thank you Aquarius. I'm rather embarrassed to say that I cannot undo the nuts, they just won't budge! I'm concerned about wrecking it or causing a leak so might just get a plumber in. Annoying because I don't really want to spend money on things like this at the moment but needs must I guess. Appreciate your help.

Andy

What's wrong with the existing tap, I know you said broken, but how?

Daft question, but do you know how they unscrew?
The old tap is leaking at the mixer lever but it doesn’t seem to be possible to get into it to replace whatever’s busted.

Not a daft question about unscrewing the nuts, it’s quite possible it don’t know how to do it!
[automerge]1593762741[/automerge]
I’ve marked in red where the old tap is leaking. It’s dripping out of the joint in the lever.
0437832C-0AD9-4E21-9CA0-A2A1635E0355.jpeg

Last edited:
Grip the narrow brass nut that is part of the hose and hold it still. Then turn the fat nut, ANTICLOCKWISE if looking upwards. This will unscrew the nut from the hose.

Reply to Replacing kitchen tap, help needed in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking. Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from. What I've done so...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello I have a Franke Planar Kitchen tap and it’s got a leak. One drop per minute. I’ve been on YouTube and seen that there are grub screws to...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, just recently everytime I run a bath, flush the toilet, turn in the washing machine or use anything water related my kitchen taps...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Back