Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing bathroom radiator valves in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Trying to change bathroom radiator valves but I can’t get the old olive/nut off… any advice?

Also the small plastic part next to the pipe, will I need to put that back in before fitting new valve? (Complete novice)

Attachments

• 4AA8ED48-94EB-4D9F-829C-D69A66EA8A72.jpeg
    4AA8ED48-94EB-4D9F-829C-D69A66EA8A72.jpeg
    518.5 KB · Views: 16
Your fecked now should of used the old nut and olive now you need to cut the pipe back and use a coupling if you haven’t any slack

You have to cut it right below the bottom of the olive

Reply to Replacing bathroom radiator valves in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, These sleeves cover 10mm PVC central heating pipes (see picture and ignore tape measure) and I believe this is what makes it possible...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
I’ve just swapped these new valves over live. Didn’t realise how bad the old nuts looked until finished the job. Would it be hard taking these...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock