Search the forum,

Discuss Remote Control Gas Fires in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Foodface

Hi all just wondered what peoples experiences and or thoughts are on remote control fires. I've serviced a fair few of them now and find them quite temperamental. I did one two months back and it took me nearly two hours to do cos I couldn't get it to fire up again after, the appliance had never been serviced in five years and was filthy. Fired up fine before the service but after it was being temperamental.

Customer has been in touch saying it won't work the same and they are not using me again for further work, offered em a refund but to be honest I didn't do anything different to any other gas fire service.

Has anyone else had problems of this kind cos my pride has taken a bit of a knock on this one.

Foodface

Not worked on that many thankfully, custard sounds a bit of a pain if they didn't give you a chance to put it right! Never mind eh? ........... :grouphug:

Not sure what else I could have done anyway, asides strip and clean it again. Wouldn't mind but I heavily discounted the fire service anyway. Gave it em for £35.00 with a central heating flush for £99.99. Suppose it isn't that much to refund though.

Had one where the remote had stopped working while it was on
That was a weird emergency call out because fire was embeded and the only control was the remote just seemed dangerous to me, the only way to stop it was isolate the gas and hope the thermocouple held

they or a least this one seemed a bad idea

whats wrong with your one, did you change the burner pressure or anything

sorry did you just say you did a power flush for £99

Last edited:
Nah was a chemical flush x400 and then x100 after a hot flush. Never changed anything, just stripped cleaned and tested for performance n safety. I have thought that about the remote only ones, they offer no alternative means of lighting or turning off the appliance.

Not sure what else I could have done anyway, asides strip and clean it again. Wouldn't mind but I heavily discounted the fire service anyway. Gave it em for £35.00 with a central heating flush for £99.99. Suppose it isn't that much to refund though.

Probably little else other than passify them .. not worth the time wasted and they'd probably not pass on your details anyhoo's by sounds of it?

Try and forget it and move on foodface ... :)

oxydepletion device sometimes works too well with the glass fronted fires, should only set them on cool at start not hot as instructions state with one make i service, forgot the name tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remote Control Gas Fires in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock