Discuss Refurbished PCB in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

ktmam

Anyone have thoughts or direct experience of using refurbished PCBs? Ideal icos HE12 is lights out and client on a very tight budget. Don't touch or go for it?

dont touch it, had one a year ago, new pcb, after 2months diverter valve, another 2months fan etc etc nothing but problems with these machines

Warmfront have just fitted us an Ideal Logic boiler, so far okay. Will let you know how it goes.

referbs? thought it was against regs or h&s to fit reconditioned pcb to boiler due to fire risks should the refurb pcb fail as it is not factory eec approved component.
this is what i have been told anyway?...

Refurbed pcb's are perfectly ok to fit as long as the manufacturer of the pcb(remember the pcb manf may be different from the boiler manf) has refurbed it and it's not a diy job. I've fitted quite a few refurbs in my time, can't say I've had any issues with them to be honest.

I'm sure the manf still gives a warranty on the refurbs, it might not be as lengthy as a brand new warranty but that's to be expected

point out the pro's and con's to the punter and let them decide matey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Refurbished PCB in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock