Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator extension... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Petebham

Hello all ...

We are plannning an extension on the side of our house, the new extension will need 4 or 5 rads.

The boiler will take the rads - worcs bosch 38cdi.

The nearest rad to the new extension is in out en-suite - which we are renovating in the next week or two.

My plan was to tee into the existing rad pipes below floor level and bring the pipe to an accessible place for when we need them... Those pipes will then feed the new rads in the extension... That was the plan at least ... Theyre 15mm pipes which reduce down to 10mm at the rad.

So - i'll be left with 2 capped off 15mm pipes - waiting for us to connect up when the time comes.

Spoke to a plumber friend of mine and he says we'll have to tap into the 22mm pipes which are housed under a tiled floor... In order for the new rads to work correctly and the 15mm wont do the job, is he right? Surely its a pressurised system so it wouldnt really matter if i were using 15 or 22. Any thoughts.

Also - and forgive my stupidity... The extension i going to be for guests - i guess when not in use i could install some accessible isolators so we dont have to heat the bew 3 bed extension when not in use... Is that right? Seems logical to me.

To be brutally honest, the opinion you have been given by your plumber sounds correct.

Although it depends on the length of the main runs and the kW output of each radiator.

You had better get it done right because, if it's not, you will be the one living with the problem.

There's not much worse than living with a inadequate heating system in winter

* Oh - and maybe you should register for any further advice

Last edited:
Sounds like you don't need a plumber at all. You've got the job all sussed out. But on the off chance that we can be of any further help please register and repost. Thank you kindly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator extension... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock