Discuss quarter turn tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trigger123

what is the best way to detemain, wich tap is causing a drip, when there is a combi installed, on a quarter turn ceramic type tap, hot or cold?

I'm guessing this is a mixertap, I would replace both cartridges at the same time but if you really want to find out then fit service valves to the pipework and isolate each in turn. They may already be fitted if you're lucky.

Or you could just isolate the hot water at the boiler if you've no service valves. I agree with Phil though, replace one, replace them both.

I disagree, replace the whole tap, if won't cost much more replacing the whole tap after you've bought the discs, then struggled getting them out, it'll be quicker.

Whilst I am not keen on replacing every time sometimes it can be a nightmare finding the right cartridge. If its a branded tap like bristan or pegler the cartridges can really expensive anyways

To be honest, I always replace Franke taps rather than repair them. First question you get asked when you ring them is "What's the model number?"
"i dunno. Where do you find it?"

Then you waste 30 minutes of your life as they describe their entire range of monobloc taps.

I give up on them before I begin. Saves what little of my sanity I have left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to quarter turn tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a kitchen mixer tap with quarter turn levers and the cold side started dripping. I took out the ceramic valve and replaced it with one from...
Replies
Views
I have quarter turn taps in my downstairs bathroom, the sink taps were getting a bit stiff so I replaced the insides with Flomasta 1/2" BSP...
Replies
Views
My outside tap has had really low pressure after the cold weather a few weeks ago. Its connected from under the kitchen sink, and can be isolated...
Replies
Views
I can't remove the tap head for the cold quarter turn tap. The hot one comes off easily as it is not used much. How can I remove the cold tap head?
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question. I have a leaking kitchen tap. I'm a bit confused on the part I need to get. On Screwfix I can see "Flomasta 1/2 inch BSP...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock