Search the forum,

Discuss Push Button Toilet slow to fill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James5012

Hello, I hope you can help me please. I have a push-button toilet that is slow to fill (its giving a spray, almost like a puncture in a hose), now I have been advised that it could be the SIAMP Valve Washer. The problem is the washer is not coming out with the nut/float Arm. Do I need to 'poke' the valve washer out so I can replace with the new valve washer? Please accept my apologies if I am not making much sense, im not a plumber but after a plumbers advice.

Welcome James.

Are you sure it is a Siamp valve. If you send a picture I could confirm this for you.

If you are certain that it is a Siamp and have a replacement washer they are quite simple to replace but, as you say, they do sometimes need a bit of a dig out. If you are fitting a new one, you don't need to worry damaging the existing washer.

Please don't forget to isolate the water supply to the cistern before you start.

Best of luck.

In my experience these type of Siamp valves are very poor quality. Personally I would recommend replacing the whole inlet valve if at all possible with a Fluidmaster. Specifically a brass shanked one to provide a decent thread for tightening the cold water pipe to.

The Fluidmaster valves are reasonably inexpensive but will usually outlast others on the market of a similar price.

Thank you for both replies. I do have a couple of photos but I can't work out how to upload them? Replacing the whole Inlet is something I may well do, I was just going to replace the washer first to see if that fixed it.

As Tom said brass shank fluidmaster, way to go, forget the washer and settle for piece of mind and longevity.

Siamp are pap. If you do swap the diaphragm make sure you don't split the new one as you tighten it back up. As said, brass shank fluidmaster would be the way to go.

Washer replaced and all working now, there was a visible split in the previous. Thank you for all the replies. I will keep an eye on it and if I start getting problems again will replace the whole Inlet.

Washer replaced and all working now, there was a visible split in the previous. Thank you for all the replies. I will keep an eye on it and if I start getting problems again will replace the whole Inlet.

Well done James, good result there !

Brass shank fluid master screw fix best price at moment, don't forget the restrictor inside if high pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Push Button Toilet slow to fill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock