Search the forum,

Discuss Pump controller on UFH system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

burkest

Hi all, hoping someone can spare some time on a UFH problem
I have a Pulsar supplied system which seems to have originated from RBM Kilma. There seems to be a problem with the circulating pump controls. The pump will run for a period of time (sometimes even days) but will then stop and not restart even though heat is being called for by the room stats.
On these systems there is a board which has a connection from the system controller, a connection from the safety switch on the top of the manifold, a power supply and a connection to the pump and a relay. I have swopped the boards from my upstairs and downstairs system and found the same problem - but I am not confident of either board operating reliably.
Does anyone know if these boards give trouble with relay sticking etc., can spares be obtained now or is there is a more reliable way of controlling?
Any thoughts on this would be really appreciated
Thanks,
Stephen

Pulsar have gone bust. I had a fault on an RBM kilma unit earlier in the year; the only people that could help me out with parts were these guys @ Guardian UFH - 0161 820 1230

The safety stat kills the power to the manifold pump if the flow goes over 55C but they don't often go faulty and if they do you will not source one in the UK i've tried believe me.

Your best bet is to call out your local engineer as theres loads of avenues to explore.

Thanks TGF - I knew Pulsar had gone all right. RBM also do not seem to be set-up to sell spares unfortunately. I'll give Guardian a try if I have to go down that avenue - but as you say there are some other options
Thanks again for taking the time
Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump controller on UFH system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a three zone heating system plus water cylinder (OSO Super S 250L) on an Valliant EcoTec 637. Two CH zones and a UFH zone. Boiler is rarely at maximum power rating, even at full tilt. The UFH zone has it's own pump and the other two zones (three storey house) are just pumped from the...
Replies
Views
Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
G
HI folks, is it possible/feasible/reasonable to insatll an ufh manifold and system (for a 17m2 room) from a disused CH 15mm flow and return? I would install a 15 to 22mm reducer into a pump then a 2 port manifold then into the floor then. back into the return of the manifold. Its an old...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I wasn’t sure whether to post this in here or UFH but hopefully I’m posting this in the correct group. I’m in the throes of a full renovation and am currently designing the central heating system, I’m installing radiators (11 or 12 in total) and am going to run each rad from its...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock