Search the forum,

Discuss Promax/ Performa hot water switch in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I am sure everyone is familiar with these and the common diaphragm replacement cure for drips and no hot water fix.
Just the other week replaced a diaphragm it looked pretty good I put new one in anyway. The pin did come out but only when the tap was half way on at least. Pressure in the house is normal. With new diphragm nothing changed, about 10 l/m pin just about starts to come out but not enough. To add to the problem sometimes even on full hot water mixing in cold will cause the pin to receed and hot water goes off..

Checked the two tubes for blockage, cold inlet too. So am stumped. Any help would be appreciated!

1595174030581.png

Have you checked the pressure differential waterways for blockages inside. The water ways are only very small and if one is blocked you won't get the alteration in pressure needed to operate it. Also if they are OK, check the other end where the two small bore tubes connect in. It only operates off a differential in pressure as you may know so there has to be a reason for not getting the difference if it has a new diaphragm which is seated correctly.

Reply to Promax/ Performa hot water switch in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally after they left I started experiencing yellow water (pale) from all my taps - hot and cold, including the toilet. This was intermittent and then...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by local authority. I had no say in who carried out the work. I have called the builder out under the guarantee several times for water leaks. The shower...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
I had my indirect hot water cylinder removed a few days ago and the central heating boiler and pump is turned off at the fuse spur right next to the boiler. I have been without hot water for a few days which is fine - The plumber left the flow / return to the cylinder uncapped as well as the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock