Discuss pricing jobs pt2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hunterseye

On the subject of pricing jobs. is it best to work on an hourly rate or fixed per size of job. i can imagine if you told people you work for "x" pounds an hour they'd run a mile would they?

I give (as applicable/when necessary) a day rate, half day rate, hourly rate and call out rate or job rate.

So, customers wanting me to change a washer would be given my call out rate, those wanting a replacement electric shower would probably get a half day rate and those wanting a couple of radiators changed/moved/added or whatever a job rate.

Finally, if a customer mentions price straight off I make sure my price is worth doing the job, which is probably too expensive for them as they're usually looking fo the cheapest possible (and I'm not). You'll find, more often than not, that people are more interested in getting a job done well for a fair price and cost is not the over-riding factor.

I'm not going to add more to this thread though - that's why there are other sections on this website.

Depends on the job for me , breakdown , emergency callout , install etc

Best bet is charging for the job. At first you will find that you may lose out on a few jobs but until you get your speed up and increase your knowledge charging by the hour isn't really feasible.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hmm! If you charge 50p an hour you will probably get loads of work. If you charge £200 an hour you probably won't. :smile5::smile5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pricing jobs pt2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock