Currently reading:
pricing jobs pt2

Discuss pricing jobs pt2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hunterseye

On the subject of pricing jobs. is it best to work on an hourly rate or fixed per size of job. i can imagine if you told people you work for "x" pounds an hour they'd run a mile would they?

I give (as applicable/when necessary) a day rate, half day rate, hourly rate and call out rate or job rate.

So, customers wanting me to change a washer would be given my call out rate, those wanting a replacement electric shower would probably get a half day rate and those wanting a couple of radiators changed/moved/added or whatever a job rate.

Finally, if a customer mentions price straight off I make sure my price is worth doing the job, which is probably too expensive for them as they're usually looking fo the cheapest possible (and I'm not). You'll find, more often than not, that people are more interested in getting a job done well for a fair price and cost is not the over-riding factor.

I'm not going to add more to this thread though - that's why there are other sections on this website.

Depends on the job for me , breakdown , emergency callout , install etc

Best bet is charging for the job. At first you will find that you may lose out on a few jobs but until you get your speed up and increase your knowledge charging by the hour isn't really feasible.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hmm! If you charge 50p an hour you will probably get loads of work. If you charge £200 an hour you probably won't. :smile5::smile5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pricing jobs pt2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back