Discuss Pressure vessel on warmflow boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve1

We have a warmflow boiler, since having the UFH installed, ( approx 36 sq mtrs in floor area ), we have noticed the pressure of the boiler dropping, but when it's topped up to about 1.5 bar and the heating system switched on it goes quite high and sometimes starts venting out the relief valve pipe outside.
It only does this if the rads are put on, it seems fine when the UFH is on by itself.
Doing a bit of research it points to the pressure vessel not being big enough to cope with the newly installed UFH as well as the rads.
The vessel is 12ltrs.
Is there a sure fire way of testing the vessel, or indeed working out how big the vessel should be.

Get the guy back who installed the ufh to sort it out. Will try and find you the calculation for sizing expansion vessels though.

ive given up asking him to come back to look at it.
whats the best way of checking to see if the vessel has lost its charge, do I have to drain the system etc.
Be good if you could dig out the info on vessel sizing for me.

best you get someone else to look, then it will be working for Xmas.

you know whats wrong, get an expert to repair it and make it work safely, I know if my cars bust I just get the garage to sort it that way I can get driving quicker, much the same applies to boilers, computers, everything really.

you know whats wrong, get an expert to repair it and make it work safely, I know if my cars bust I just get the garage to sort it that way I can get driving quicker, much the same applies to boilers, computers, everything really.

As per my post, I'm not sure if it's the vessel that's too small now, or simply lost its charge, there's a big difference in cost between the 2 possibilities, hence why I want to know the best way to check before going any further.
but thanx for your comments.

if its lost its charge as its failed it needs replacing and if it needs a bigger one the cost difference is negligible, on will pop back on the boiler the other will T on some where else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure vessel on warmflow boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a baxi duotec combi boiler that every day or other day needs topping up as pressure drops below 0.5bar. When fired up it can reach...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock