Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mrsingh

Dear Members I am Mr Singh

New to this forum

I am Power flushing my Central Heating System first time I need advice

I will hire Power flush Pump and chemicals . Switch off Boiler , Drain out system, remove radiator, attach Power flush pump,

Will the pump in the boiler stop water circulation? Is it a good idea to add inhibitor after flushing?

Thanks

With all due respect Mr Singh, it sounds like you need to get a professional to do that job for you.

It could go very wrong.

Pretty much ever sentance you wrote there mr Singh is wrong and on that basis I would strongly advise you to get a professional in.

Last edited:
1. Are you going to flush through the boiler, risking sending all the muck in the system into the heat exchanger?
2. Flushing through a radiator is generally the least efficient way of doing it.
3. If you haven't used a power flush machine before, prepare for some flooding.
4. Depending on what you flush with you'll need to neutralise the system afterwards.
5. How are you going to agitate the radiators to knock the sludge of the inside?
6. Do you know what sort of system you've got, and whether any pipes need temporary capping?
7. How are you going to deal with any leaks in the system the flush reveals?
8. How are you going to test at the end to make sure the system is clean and the water is back at the right pH value?

Its a long, boring job. I'd say 12 radiators in a day maximum, perhaps a few more if you use a magnetic filter. It also takes a fair bit of skill and experience to get it right and not make too much mess.

I'd strongly advise you to leave it someone who knows what they are doing.

Yes you should add inhibitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock