Search the forum,

Discuss Power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mrsingh

Dear Members I am Mr Singh

New to this forum

I am Power flushing my Central Heating System first time I need advice

I will hire Power flush Pump and chemicals . Switch off Boiler , Drain out system, remove radiator, attach Power flush pump,

Will the pump in the boiler stop water circulation? Is it a good idea to add inhibitor after flushing?

Thanks

With all due respect Mr Singh, it sounds like you need to get a professional to do that job for you.

It could go very wrong.

Pretty much ever sentance you wrote there mr Singh is wrong and on that basis I would strongly advise you to get a professional in.

Last edited:
1. Are you going to flush through the boiler, risking sending all the muck in the system into the heat exchanger?
2. Flushing through a radiator is generally the least efficient way of doing it.
3. If you haven't used a power flush machine before, prepare for some flooding.
4. Depending on what you flush with you'll need to neutralise the system afterwards.
5. How are you going to agitate the radiators to knock the sludge of the inside?
6. Do you know what sort of system you've got, and whether any pipes need temporary capping?
7. How are you going to deal with any leaks in the system the flush reveals?
8. How are you going to test at the end to make sure the system is clean and the water is back at the right pH value?

Its a long, boring job. I'd say 12 radiators in a day maximum, perhaps a few more if you use a magnetic filter. It also takes a fair bit of skill and experience to get it right and not make too much mess.

I'd strongly advise you to leave it someone who knows what they are doing.

Yes you should add inhibitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Mother-in-law was quoted ÂŁ1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4 radiators need to be upgraded to doubles, would this need to be done if they are drained off and replaced? How does one actually know it needs a power...
Replies
Views
In December 2022 (i.e. 5 months ago) I had a full system power flush conducted. Now the previously clear UFH flow gauges are black again. Is it possible that enough internal corrosion could have occurred in this time period? I had a separate plumber out a month ago to test some pipework and he...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
Hi i bought the house that Jack built and ohh has the heating been left to spoil. Prior to moving in 2 new firebird boilers were fitted, silver utility 35. The system is in dire need of a power flush and I intend on using FX2 to do the job. Can anyone advise if FX2 is ok with this boiler model ?
Replies
Views
My first post here, looking for some advice. I've just had my boiler replaced with a worcester 4000 combi boiler. The engineer put chemical flush and inhibitor in when filling up, ran the raditors hot and then tested using a strip. And has left both in saying this is safe, and standard...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock