Discuss Potterton system - low pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

De'Iveote

Hi There

I have a potterton system boiler. I bled a rad and now have no pressure, can anyone tell me where I attach the filling loop hose

The two pipes under the boiler with the plastic valves on them have been capped are different sizes - is this unusual ?

There is a third capped pipe connected also but this doesnot have a plastic valve - which two do i connect to ?

5342310909_892efd96d7_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your filling loop will be else where, cupboard underneath boiler, cylinder cuboard, under sink or is some of the piping boarded in ?
The 2 valves at each side are heating flow & return. The filling loop requires a cold water pipe to link to a heating pipe.

Thanks - I'll go have a better look

I also found the video below - is it relevant to my system ?

[video=youtube;obZK53tnaF4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obZK53tnaF4&playnext=1&list=PLC4B2DC62AEE17586&index=54[/video]

Your filling loop will be else where, cupboard underneath boiler, cylinder cuboard, under sink or is some of the piping boarded in ?
The 2 valves at each side are heating flow & return. The filling loop requires a cold water pipe to link to a heating pipe.[/QUOTEy

i made that mistake once asked the customer where filling loop was and got a blank look. i explaned what it looked like and still blank look so i got one and fitted it to boiler. a day later i got a phone call saying can i remove that silver pipe thingy we have one of them under the sink

It's definitely well hidden !!! - but anyway I managed to find a pro - he is calling over tomorrow ! I will post where it is when he finds it -

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok - the plumber was here -

He said there is no filling loop- that the boiler is gravity fed - he will fit one tomorrow - nothing that he can do tonight, so another night of freezing my knackers off.

Seems to me there must be a way of getting water in - or how was it filled when installed ?

Any ideas anyone ?

banana.gif
I did it ...I fixed it ....
banana.gif
I'm warm now...

Thanks to everyone ... what got it in the end was ... a syringe, a piece of hose pipe and a spanner !!

Thank you and good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton system - low pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock