Discuss Potterton profile, problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RTPS

Boiler fires from cold, no problem let it run for ten minutes
turn the boiler stat down boiler goes off as it should, turn it up again it will not start:( tap the side of the case and it starts:cool: changed circuit board all good for a week now its back to tapping the side of the case to start any ideas?
before i start changing stuff for the sake of changing stuff!!

can the air flow sensor wires be shorted together to test on this one?

Thanks for the reply, Tapping the side case to fire the boiler would suggest a loose wire somewhere! the fan runs to build pressure so when the boiler stops, by tapping the side to make it go, it could be the wires to pressure switch but ive checked these and they seem ok! :confused:

It could be a loose connection
But it also suggests the small contacts in the micro switch on the air pressure switch is sticking on,when you tap boiler the slight vibration frees micro switch contacts
you could try blowing and sucking down tube to air presure switch a few times,this sometimes makes contacts work better for a few days or a up to a week

tapping the case also produce a rush of air preasure which is often enough to move a sticky air flow switch

check ur air pressue tubes (red and white) by the PCB they always pop out, also check that they are not bent when you screw in the PCB box.

Happy Heating

AK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton profile, problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock