Search the forum,

Discuss Possible toilet upstairs in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Is it possible to put a toilet upstairs in a cottage. It is a semi detached. It isn’t directly underneath a kitchen or bathroom. But it would be on an outside wall.

Yes it is.
How easy/costly will depend on the particular circumstances- your best bet is to get a local plumber round to advise you and quote for the job.

Hi Taps,

Just to clarify, assume you want a proper full bore waste on the new W/C and not a W/C with a electric macerator. Also any thoughts on internal or external downpipe? Guess you want the new loo on the side of the property, and your existing kitchen and bath at the back?

Agree with Ben it's a Professional job so best get some good local plumbers to tell you what they think the best way is and quote you. There's more to getting wastes correct than you might think.

Cheers,

Roy

The biggest restraint in in impossible jobs is to get the customer to pay for them to be possible.
Nothing is impossible, but budget restrainsts make them seem impossible.

Reply to Possible toilet upstairs in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Hi, So i have lived in my house for 20+ years, (1990 build) its a detached property, corner plot with various manholes in the garden. In the last year I've noticed i can hear when my neighbor flush their toilet through my downstairs toilet - this is a relatively new thing, so am assuming its...
Replies
Views
Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my worry is how do i connect to the existing soil pipe , or is it possible to dig under where the new loo will be in case the soil pipe runs along the...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, seeking advice on my toilet. (Layman here, please be gentle with me.) When we flush the loo upstairs, it flushes fine (therefore assuming no suggestion of any actual blockage) but after the flush we get a rumbly gurgling from deep within the pipework somewhere and the water level in the...
Replies
Views
Hi I need to this cast iron pipe back as my new back to wall toilet won’t fit otherwise. Cutting it back i am going to lose the collar. So what fitting can I get for it I would like a flex as it will easier for me when installing the new toilet
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock