Discuss Pop-up waste won't "pop-up" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starsky

Afternoon lads,

I'm fitting a Cifial pop-up waste and following fitting it won't pop-up.

Anyone tell me what the known problems and solution would be?

Cheers,
Starsky

Is it for a bath? Have you adjusted the plug itself?

Cheers,

Yes I've had a go at adjusting it but not sure if I've done it right. There's no instruction with the kit.
I'll keep trying that.

If you remove the plug and turn the overflow (pop up control) can you see the pin moving up and down in the plug hole?

Sorted,

The hollow bolt was too long and was bearing down on the mechanism in the waste.
Will cut it

Champion!!

Cheers.
Starsky

No problem, I'd advise you use some sort of sealant when fitting it to the bath, like Lsx.

Good luck

Hate these things, worse invention to befall a bathroom. Most give up the ghost after a year in service. Nightmare in houses with kids as they tend to break them.

Thanks lads, all sorted now. It was a kit for an extra thick (B&Q) roll top bath.

The central hollow bolt required cutting and it worked perfectly.

Spot on,
Cheers,

Starsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pop-up waste won't "pop-up" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, I recently brought a replacement Pop Up Waste from Argent K316-DL & the spec states it suits both overflow & non-overflow basins...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have just installed a pop up waste on new basin. I have siliconed the top with the washer, and the water holds inside the basin with...
Replies
Views
just put a new pop up waste into my basin to find the trap does not fit correctly.. the trap fits just inside the waste thread opening and butts...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm new to the forum, hope you are all well and enjoying this lovely weather. I am on the hope I could get some answers to my question if...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock