Search the forum,

Discuss Help with new drain position in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I'm new to the forum, hope you are all well and enjoying this lovely weather.

I am on the hope I could get some answers to my question if you can help me out please.

I am moving my washing machine to the bottom of my garage and I'm after for advice on the best arrangement for the waste coming off the wall to the drainage. I will attach a picture. The X is where the new waste pipe will come out, the arrows to indicate where the old waste pipe is.

What would be the solution or solutions available for this?
1000029372.jpg

Kind regards

Luis

It’s not good running anything across a door, so you’d be better putting a new drain and gulley in altogether. Unless there’s drainage anywhere else?
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately thats the only gulley I have in my house. Would I need planning permission to extend that drain and fit a new gulley? Its only 1.5m apart.

Kind regards

Luis

Unfortunately thats the only gulley I have in my house. Would I need planning permission to extend that drain and fit a new gulley? Its only 1.5m apart.
Assuming you're in the UK, you need Building Control Approval from your local authority. In essence, this means you have to give them plans of the proposed work before you start, then have them inspect / test it while it's being done, and finally get a certificate to keep with the documents you'll need when you sell the house. You can download the Building Regulations, which you need to comply with, here:

Reply to Help with new drain position in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock