Search the forum,

Discuss Pop Up Waste Suits Overflow & Non-overflow Basins in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Everyone,

I recently brought a replacement Pop Up Waste from Argent K316-DL & the spec states it suits both overflow & non-overflow basins.
However it has no slotted waste opening. How could this be used with sinks with an overflow hole & still prevent sink overflow?

Thanks
Natalie
Argent Pop Up Waste Spec

Drill a hole in it when an overflow is required

Drill a hole in it when an overflow is required
I can't tell if you're joking or not. If you're serious and its easy enough to do it might get me out the s*** occasionally

OP: I think I've found what you've chosen and it does indeed do both. They are in 2 parts and clamp top and bottom with a gap in between for the overflow or no overflow depending on which basin . They are a good design, have fitted 100's of them in an estate

I can't tell if you're joking or not. If you're serious and its easy enough to do it might get me out the s*** occasionally

OP: I think I've found what you've chosen and it does indeed do both. They are in 2 parts and clamp top and bottom with a gap in between for the overflow or no overflow depending on which basin . They are a good design, have fitted 100's of them in an estate

Yep you could even do two 6mm and join them to make a slot etc got me out the doo when I only had an unslotted waste on the van tested the overflow and couldn’t see any difference

Thanks for your reply, I was ready to return it. This morning I found the install instructions on the Argent site, attached. There is a foam seal that goes above the basin & a silicon seal that fits under, picture attached.
I had googled yesterday & in Australia it seems this is rare all the comms referenced 2 distinct types for over flow & non-overflow basins.

Attachments

• Argent K316-D Variants Wastes Installation Instructions.pdf
    301.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5750.jpeg
    IMG_5750.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 8
Some old shower trays used to have included overflow, pretty sure it was ideal standard. You had to cut the waste to connect the overflow.

Reply to Pop Up Waste Suits Overflow & Non-overflow Basins in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock