Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing a woodburner boiler into an existing thermal store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abbey

I have recently installed a 5kw wood burner with 2.5 kw boiler, but have found out the bosses on the thermal store are only 1/2". Can I use reducers? What would be the consequence if I do? What would be the alternative. The thermal store is virtually impossible to remove without knocking down a wall and cutting existing pipework draining down solar panels.............

Hi there , To get a gravity circuit from stove to store 28mm is normally used , I dont know why the boss' are only 1/2" , maybe they are not meant for woodburner . As the boiler is only 2.5 kw it is not particularly powerfull , but the stove may overheat so be carefull .
Hopefully someone else will be of more help .

I have recently installed a 5kw wood burner with 2.5 kw boiler, but have found out the bosses on the thermal store are only 1/2". Can I use reducers? What would be the consequence if I do? What would be the alternative. The thermal store is virtually impossible to remove without knocking down a wall and cutting existing pipework draining down solar panels.............

Need a few more details, manufacturer and model of thermal store, whats piped into it at the minute etc

It is a Woodwarm wood burner. The thermal store is an Enerstore 'vented hot water storage system' 320litres. Existing plumbed in is : 4 solar panels and an air source heat pump, along with 2 immersions. The heating system is underfloor and 3 towel rails. The reason for the woodburner was in the very cold weather in the winter, the ashp couldn't provide enough heat to do the underfloor and the towel rails, as well as provide hot water, so we would have to use the immersions.
Any advice greatly appreciated...... Thankyou.

As a first I would say that your woodburner boiler isn't big enough, also how easy is it going to be to pipe up a heat leak radiator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing a woodburner boiler into an existing thermal store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock