Discuss plumbers phone in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

my phone contract is up soon whats a good strong phone suitable for a plumber

My upgrade is in jan and i am looking at the Sony to go the android route instead of the iphone route.

4s last me all day goes on charge at night then off at 6am used all day back on around 10 pm

IPhone 4s with griffen case will last years just carry charger.

Griffen case on the 5 isn't as good as 4!

Jcb sitemaster, bomb proof. A real tonka toy in the phone world :)

ive had 4 phones in the last 3 years and i would go for the samsung galaxy s3 or 4 ive not tried the 5
i phone ****e battery life htc hard to follow the system samsung easiest to use everything just flows when you go to phone theres everything you need across the top of the screen history phonebook missed recieved etc

I phone batteries do last all day, as long as you don't watch pawn.

i have a windows phone its a nokia lumina dropped it and got it wet loads of times,still not killed it

Lunina too (820) Good phone and i drop it and throw it all over the place.

Samsung GT-something, very tough shell but rubbish as a phone lol

I've had I phones for the last six years, with no problems. I upgrade every two years.

Had iphone4 good, iphone5 shyte, bought my way out of my contract and I don't do stuff like that normally. Got Samsung Note, brilliant! I will never have another iphone.

Had iphone4 good, iphone5 shyte, bought my way out of my contract and I don't do stuff like that normally. Got Samsung Note, brilliant! I will never have another iphone.

I'm in the same position mate. Had an iphone 4s, loved it. Good battery life and reception (vodafone). Now, I changed contract to save a tenner a month (to EE) and got an iphone 5s. I have regretted it ever since and am going to get another phone asap. The battery life is crap and the signal is shocking in places where other phones have ok signal (on ee)

Yep mate. It was costing me money with people not being able to reach me....so lost the jobs.

I went with EE as they said most reliable etc etc, think they may have been the biggest sign up revenue for the companies. Within a week of having it network was down, looked on their website for info( thinking this was obviously the best place!) nothing( it was down for about a day) tried calling engaged all the time. Spoke to someone about 36 hours later and they said all the info was on Twitter and Facebook etc. I said thats not much use not having anything on your own site! DOH !

I think as the phones have progressed it appears that signal isn't as stable as old days. I realise that there are getting progressively more users etc

I phone batteries do last all day, as long as you don't watch pawn.
That statement makes no sense.
So your saying the batteries dont last all day unless you are a liar, then you can lie that the battery lasts all day or admit to watching ****.

Android over I phone all day long. There is nothing they do better than android. Correction I phones are better at costing more breaking more easily, not lasting all day and insisting on using itunes every time you want to plug it in to a pc.

I keep it simple and charge it once a week.

Nokia-5140-Omega-Gadget.jpg

Last edited:
Not keen on I phones a all.. Not sure bout the new one but the rest are carp . I use an I pad at home so it's nothing personal against apple but there phones aren't as good as the Samsung s4 or 5. Brilliant phones With brilliant cameras

Put my Samsung Note in the washing machine...It sort of worked after.

Put my Samsung Note in the washing machine...It sort of worked after.

Next time remove the battery and sim card and put everything in a tub of dry rice in the airing cupboard for a couple of days, should be as right as rain afterwards.

I once had a palm treo that ended up in a bucket of pooo.

Was caught short in my van once.
Hopped into back.
Emptied Lin bin.
Put phone in shirt pocket.
Assumed the position.
Done the deed.
Stood up best I could sort of half bent over.
Phone slipped out of pocket and it didnt miss.
Got home that evening after loads of missed calls.
Stripped it down and bleached all casings.
It all worked...

..at least it stopped the wife (mine) checking my texts !

Took a call as getting back in the van. Then cust interrupted me and I popped the phone on the van roof. Drove off with it on there. Slid off on the main road, somebody ran it over and recovered it. Phoned me to come and collect it.

I just upgraded to iPhone 5s

I was told the 6 isn't worth the extra.

I'm with Vodafone (11 years).

I got ultd minutes & texts, 4gb data and 4G. Free phone.

18 mth contract. £27.65 per month.

They wouldn't do it when I called so I asked for the PUK code and said I'd go to O2.

As happens each time I upgrade I got a call & was offered the above deal.

Cheers

Rct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbers phone in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Did anyone watch Britain's Got Talent last night? There was a Plumber on from Stockport called Darren who bottled it last year but did his...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock