Discuss Plastic pipe welding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why we in UK do not use this stuff ?
[h=1]COESTHERM - COES - FUSION - TUBO -ACCESORIOS[/h]it looks much safer than push fitting and a clean job.

what about cost of machine to fusion weld pipe? then customer suffers,and practcality? i love cooper

copper is a precious metal and its getting very expensive ,plastic is a recyclable material and much cheaper .
Just I hate the push fittings and this method its been used in Europe why not here,I know is used on mains Gas and Water why not in domestic!!!

Plastic is not as easily recyclable as copper.

The reason we don't use fusion is cost of the equipment to do it.

Not only that, we are not allowed to use plastic on gas anywhere other than underground external to the building fabric. Plastic would melt in the event of a fire and make a bad situation worse.

Not all plastic is recyclable. Plastic is produced from oil so that is also a finite resource.

I used to use it for hot and cold water, but not for very long time. Polypropylene pipe, we had this technology from Germany, not too bad but I prefer copper now. I haven't seen it anywhere in merchants either so it would be too expensive to get it I guess.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;nNZbTvrQuKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNZbTvrQuKo&feature=related[/video]

Because is not a common in UK it would be quite expensive to get fittings.

copper is a precious metal and its getting very expensive ,plastic is a recyclable material and much cheaper .
Just I hate the push fittings and this method its been used in Europe why not here,I know is used on mains Gas and Water why not in domestic!!!

most copper pipe sold in the uk is from recycled sources ie. the tat man. used copper is almost 100% recyclable so alot better than plastic, and it cost alot less to recycle copper than mine materials out the ground. Copper Rules!!

the uk used plastic welded pipework for many years in domestic properties when copper prices went sky high, its now mostly being ripped out and replaced with copper as its reached the end of its working life.

I have used it for a booster pump setup and manifolds for 60 flats, to be honest it was pretty good stuff. Had to buy their holesaws to connect up the saddles to the big runs but it was still really good to use. I'll dig out some pics, I have them somewhere.

08072009630.jpg

30062009619.jpg

15072009642.jpg

It was good stuff to work with, had to hire the melting tool and that thing got damn hot managed to stand on it with my new pair of boots! Melted a hole in them in no time :furious3:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope someone numbered the supply pipes to the flats, or was it just a case of connect up one at a time and see which flat flooded?

Neat job, plenty of support.

Well the ground worker didn't label any of them going from the water meter room to the riser cupboards so we had to blow down to identify everyone. Clipping looks a bit over the top but I think if could have done with a few more, its quite heavy stuff.

belive you me all my copper is recycled but yet to get anything for scrap plastic

talking to some guys fusion welding gas mains in the street the other day and every joint they make is automaticly logged by the welding machine with a gps reference so they know where to dig in future

Whenever you are dealing with this kind of work, you need to dress in your all safety equipments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plastic pipe welding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Back