Search the forum,

Discuss Plastic pipe or copper in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I want to install a salamander hot water pump to my hot water taps, from my tank in bedroom. I will install a new s flange, my question is can I install this with plastic pipes ie speed fit instead of copper

Yes, but the internal diameter of plastic is slightly smaller than copper. Unlikely to make much of a difference but best to point it out.

Also, don’t mess up your open vent arrangement.

Yes, but the internal diameter of plastic is slightly smaller than copper. Unlikely to make much of a difference but best to point it out.

Also, don’t mess up your open vent arrangement.
That's perfect thsnk you, I thought that I could but just wanted to make sure.

Yes open vent at top of flange and the water coming from side of flange

You need to get the inserts that match the brand of pipe/fittings. Don’t mix and match 👍🏼
Perfect, thank you for your help, much appreciated,

Oh should I also use an olive when connecting plastic pipe to copper flange, I I know I would put the inserts in however some people say use olive as well is this true

Perfect, thank you for your help, much appreciated,

Oh should I also use an olive when connecting plastic pipe to copper flange, I I know I would put the inserts in however some people say use olive as well is this true
When you insert the plastic pipe into a compression fitting, you need to slide the nut on, then insert in and finally the olive.

The olive creates the seal. No need for paste or ptfe tape on plastic.

Buy a plastic pipe cutter to ensure all cuts are clean and straight.

Reply to Plastic pipe or copper in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Hello Please could I have some advice. I recently had an new air source pump and hot water tank system installed. The pipes to the radiators are copper. However, there is plastic pipes to the taps for hot and cold water. I have found a leak in the connection of a plastic pipe. First...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
I've had a burst pipe under bathroom floor. Ive had it dug up and made safe with the affected pipe cut and end caps fitted. The pipes are cover with a plastic sheet and then screet on top. I called out my gas boiler cover to make a permanent repair. The company they sent out have said it is...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current tap is connected with copper down to plastic pipes. I've attached photos below of what's there now and what the new flexi tails look like (is that a...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock