Search the forum,

Discuss Planning my new years resolution :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

Planned to stop work thurs pm, failed miserably, was working all day Friday and this morning!!

So being a grumpy git, I was putting in customer supplied taps yesterday am for a daft old mare, finished the bathroom set, having thrown all her cheap washers away and used reliable ones fm my box to stop the bath mixer set spewing all over. Off to go and she produced a mixer for the kitchen, wacked it in, lunch was calling!!! and went to leave, but she had her tape out and the mixer was a couple of mm out compared to the other side, fairs nough, out spanner into cupboard and all sorted, tummy calling now its 1535!! So walked round bath, basin, toilet basin and kitchen taps: proved they all work , hot on left and cold on right, big smiles all round fm me that is, and got paid, ITS XMAS I'm on holiday..................... brrrrrm brrrrrm off I goes.

1/2 an hour later, I'm in pub with mate enjoying beer n sarnie, RING RING, begga, "Hello Mr Davies its Miss ......, its an emergency you havent got the hot on the right side in the kitchen! Oh pooh, so I ask is the hot coming out the left tap? Oh yes says she, Is that the side it normally comes out, Oh yes says she,
so what do you seem to think the emergency is asks I?, the right hand tap has an H etched into it says she, I had to use my strong glasses and a magnifying glass to see it, but you have put it in all wrong and it needs changing today!!!! ( I am being truthful about the magnifying glass folks, no exaggeration here!! :) )
Being as I didnt even see an H or C on the blessed tap when I popped them in and they are the best wickes can provide, I had just installed them in the normal working manner. So I explained I'd pop back next week to sort, she raised her voice demanding I attend now, I said sorry it will have to be after Xmas now as I see the diary is full, now I look. So she shouted some more and the date moved right to the New Year and off went the phone, me thumb slipped.

Ring ring, begga me, HELLO, "hello Mr D" says a lovely old lady I do work for, my loo wont flush can you pop over, as I cant get a bucket up the stairs as my hip is gone again, so finish my one sarnie and pint and off I go to sort her out. Didnt ask for more than a tenner as she always feeds me and it was only a syphon diaphragm needing replacing, after all its Xmas.

So I aint a real barsteward, just dont take being shouted at or people raising their voices at me for bleedin emergencies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As it happened had more of the same this morning, but wasnt so generous with the discount, chaps got to live :):):)

So I am thinking I must curb my shortness with all customers, after all its good for business, thats my new years resolution :)

feck it, sod em, if they act like pratts they can feck off :) so that was my new years resolution for 2015 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lasted about as long as mine used to hence I don`t bother with the daft idea anymore after all I am what I am.

I agree waste of time, I have been telling myself every Jan first to slow down, no sodding chance !!!

I was thinking about giving it all up and managing my own branch of Williams and co in Essex I'll use the £500 of tools to pay for the dartford crossing for 4 months. Thurrock purfleet, grays maybe even Romford or dagenham seeing as the traffic will be dead that time of morning

Didnt get up till 10.45, it was a good afternoon and night. Doorbell woke me and dpd were dropping off my new card machine and picking up the old. The youngest son dealt with it as i was still waking up. Comes down stairs, asks who it was, 5hit, see if hes still there. The sim card was still in it. He was gone, then started the phone merry go round to try and get it back.

Anyway, 4 missed calls, 3 from one customer. Boilers stopped. Be there some point in the afternoon, not driving a.m., potential for not being legal. Gets there and its just a photocell.

Call to one tomorrow thats lost pressure.

Monday and Tuesday for a two day job, not accepting anything else until New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Planning my new years resolution :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock