Discuss pipe volume in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Seeing alot of stainless mapress these days on installs and curious if this is similar to barrell with delivering volume of gas to an appliance or is it more same as copper with volume??

Is it smooth bore or corrugated?
BS6891 has tables of delivery for copper, steel and corrugated stainless

smooth bore , got a gas run to install and existing pipe is iron was wondering to rip it out and use stainless just wonderd if pipe volume is same same , will have a nosey at the tables thanks

I would have said it would be the same as copper. Iv been using it alot. Mostly galvanised LCS rather than stainless though?

Same as copper I believe.

Are you useing carbon steel on gas?

I ment Jimbob.
I didnt think you could get gas fittings in Carbon steel.

You cant they are stainlees yellow seals i believe , would be interested to know if you can put gas fittings on carbon steel tho as make it much cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe volume in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi have surplus water feed and return pipes in my home. I can't isolate them so will need to freeze. House built 1970's. They're as far as can...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need...
Replies
Views
I have a hot water cylinder which has low carbon steel pipework to it - I have tried to add some pictures I need to replace the cylinder because...
Replies
Views
Hi all hope all is well with everyone. Im a plumbing and heating engineer and I have worked only on domestic systems but am currently crossing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock