Discuss Pipe Cutting Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diy_monkey

Hello People!

I'm going to fit a new radiator in my bathroom. Please take a look at this picture to see how the pipes are laid out:

DSC00306.jpg

I need to shorten the pipe on the right to bring the two tails closer together. The only problem is, how do i cut the pipe? It's too close to the wall (about a fingers width of a gap) for me to use a pipe cutter. Any ideas how I can do this without replacing the whole length of pipe with something shorter?

Thanks in advance.

If you unclip it then it may give you enough play to use a pipe slice. If not then use a hacksaw.

You cna get pipe cutters with a small circular radius taht would do it

Unclip the pipe work and away you go

You could get a hacksaw out and go seady with the wall on it

undo the plastic clip, small screwdriver to pop the top off the clip and pull out

Would a hacksaw not create jagged edge, or is that not a problem?

Thanks guys, I knew there'd be simple answer to this one.

watch what you are doing, those formed bends warp the pipe and if you cut too much off you may not be able to get a seal if you know what i mean. You will see an in-dent on the pipe where the bend was formed, you want your fitting to be fully slipped before it comes in contact with that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe Cutting Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hello I am desperate for some help. Basically we are having our bathroom renovated. The plumber removed the units, including the sink a few days...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock