Search the forum,

Discuss Out of square in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanttolearn

Gas Engineer
20161230_160024.jpg20161230_160013.jpg
Hi guys I'm doing a bathroom suite which it as already been tiled. As I butted the bath up to the corner the walls are out of square by about 1 inch.
What is the best way out of this to get it looking better.
1) Do I remove some tiles and take out some of the wall
2) Use a plastic strip to cover the gap
3) Any other suggestions

As above, I've always been told you should always tile down on to the top of the bath instead of butting the bath up to the tiles.

I know that is what I always do. But apparently they got left down by a plumber so continued with the tiling

It looks like the next tile starts about 15mm above the bath, I would take the tiles off to the joint and just jack the bath up to that level.

I wouldn't bother with a cover strip they look awful
I would chase the wall, either the tap end or the long side (long side would be better, keeps taps parallel to wall)
Cut tiles with a 4" diamond blade (with a good hoover behind it)
Would take 20/30 mins and a bit of dust
As long as you're good enough with a grinder, the silicon would hide the cut

Down the side take off to joint and jack up as above. Across the end, 25mm batten vertical down corner, cement based tile backer board screwed to batten and fixed square to bath with dot and dab adhesive down to level of bath and re-tile across end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Out of square in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Please can someone tell me the best way of removing a siliconed folding support rail that has been siliconed to a tiled bathroom wall at my mums. I can't get a hacksaw blade in between the wall and the plate and I can't get any thin windscreen cutter wire in as there is no gap. I don't really...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I know this ain't plumbing. But some of you may know. I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under the floor tiles one of the floorboards on side of the bath was wet through and almost rotten. So I feel the water has been seeping through that due...
Replies
Views
Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly using perimeter battens for support, I am attempting to install a fancy whirlpool/jacuzzi bath for my son. Plumbing and electrics are sorted but my...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a stone-resin shower tray, new ceramic tiles on the floor and half tiling on the walls. All the work...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock