Search the forum,

Discuss On Off Noise from Megaflo in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. I have a Baxi Megaflo 170DD Unvented Direct Cylinder.

Over the last 24 hours, the water pipes leading in to it have been making noises every couple of minutes - as if there’s a heavy flow of water, then a sudden stop.

This repeats every couple of minutes.

Any idea what is causing this?

I still have hot water and no issues with water pressure through my taps.

Thanks

If you're hearing this noise from the cylinder cupboard then the chances are you toilets come off a balanced supply in the cupboard. The toilet constantly filling will cause this noise.
Do as cjg advises above and all should be well.

Reply to On Off Noise from Megaflo in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, hope someone can help with this. My central heating system has a Worcester gas combi boiler, paired with a nest thermostat and a megaflo cylinder. When the boiler starts in the morning, the radiators start to warm up ok, but this is accompanied by a loud whining of the pipes attached to the...
Replies
Views
Morning All I have a Megaflo unvented cylinder . Water had been dripping into the tundish so I tried to recharge the air gap, but when I went to turn the pressure relief valve it would not turn at all, as it usually would. My shower has been dripping in the bathroom next door , could in anyway...
Replies
Views
In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate for the water used. The incoming water go via a pressure relief valve [most likely its this one: Heatrae Sadia 8 Bar Pressure Relief Valve -...
Replies
Views
I’ve a Megaflo system with a conventional boiler, and yesterday, with no warning, it stopped passing any water. The cold flow is fine, there’s only the tiniest trickle from the hot taps on the lower floors, nothing on the higher ones. I’ve checked the combination valve for blockages, and...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock