Search the forum,

Discuss Old underfloor heating - wont cool down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Victoria James

We live in a ground floor flat, have underfloor heating which is split into 2 - the living room and the hallway/kitchen (2 separate wall controls). The flat is about 30 years old, so the underfloor heating is prob that old too! No gas in the flat (not sure if it makes any difference).

The past few years, in the summer, we have just turned off the switch in our airing cupboard (next to the boiler) and the underfloor heating is off for the summer (cant think of any other way to get it of). We dont really get hot water in the flat (the shower is electric but still works when switch is off and we have to use kettle for washing up!) so turning the hot water off isn't a problem in the past.

This year, the heating in the living room has gone off ok as normal but the underfloor heating in the hallway and kitchen is still on! We have tried playing with them temp gauge on the wall (it's as low as it will go), tried turning it on and off again, tried turning off various switches on our electric power board but nothing!

We did have a flood last year and no wondering if we could of knocked something when in the middle of the night tried to turn off the water form the airing cupboard or maybe something has come lose on its own? It is strange that the living room heating has gone though and we have even tried turning of various switches from the elec power board but it still heats away!

Any advice that we could try? Our skills are reasonably basic (we aren't in the trade) but aren't affraid to have a try with something!

Than ks, Vicki, Birmignham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old underfloor heating - wont cool down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and replaced it with new components from Nu-Heat but the valve is not working properly. The valve replacement seems very simple with 4 main components and some...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional actuators. Problem is , one loop (far right in photo) isn't heating the floor (timber suspended) . I've bled the loop via a hosepipe, shut off all the other...
Replies
Views
We have a Daikin Air Source heat pump feeding our hot water and under-floor 8 port manifold heating system. The Daikin has just had its annual service and the engineer commented that the water looked discoloured and that the inhibitor needed replacing?? Is this an easy procedure? I'm pretty...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from within the radiator, when it heats up and cools down. I have opened the lockshield fully, lowered the boiler pressure from 2.5 bar to just over 1...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock