Search the forum,

Discuss Old cistern replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dparker357

hi guys I would be great full if someone could tell me if I could replace this old type cistern for a new modern cistern using the exsisting pan. Is the connection to the pan likely to be different?

Attachments

• IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 33
Buy a new external flush pipe connector to replace the one on the pan. This will have gone hard and won't come with the new cystern

Buy a new external flush pipe connector to replace the one on the pan. This will have gone hard and won't come with the new cystern

Thanks for the advice will do! Also one more thing I can't seem to find a modern cistern with the same litre capacity as the old one I would imagine it would be 9-13 litres right? Does it really matter if I use a 6 litre cistern as that is all that seems to be readily available

You won't find any that are not 6 litre. They will be a similar size to yours, but the flush valve , or syphon will determine the ammount of water for the flush .

More problems sorry to say what you doing with that lead supply :(

What's wrong with the existing cistern?

the lead supply is being changed for copper and the customer would like to change the cistern for a more modern looking cistern. However most of the low level cisterns with a 9 litre capacity or more don't exactly look great as they are made of plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old cistern replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I have a cracked close coupled toilet cistern. It's an Armitage Shanks Tiffany 9776, which I believe has been discontinued. The water feed is on the bottom right hand side of the cistern. Would there be a cistern with which I could replace it?
Replies
Views
ScotsLaddie
S
Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern off and this is what I see. I'm assuming the issue is with the silicon gasket (please see attached photos) but can't seem to find a replacement...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I turned the screw on the cistern pipe to stop the water. I removed all the silicon around the toilet, now I can easily lift up the Front panel but...
Replies
Views
I have a pneumatic concealed cistern behind a removable vanity panel. I pulled the panel off to investigate a dull knocking noise when the cistern is coming to nearly full, I haven't ascertained what this might be as yet, I wondered if it was the cold water pipes knocking (as in water hammer)...
Replies
Views
Hi guys So a bit of a dilemma Normal WC Unit height 766mm which is around the average mark. quite alot of bogs lets say the flush pipe center from floor is 330-340ish. However I have a comfort height Pan here and the center to the flush pipe from floor is 405MM So we're looking 65-75mm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock