Discuss OLCI training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nick penfold

Hey all.

Im currently doing my NVQ2 at college and working on site with my family plumbing business. I have been looking in to registration requirements for the likes of CORGI etc and have joined the IPHE [DLMURL="http://www.iphe.org.uk/index.html"]The Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering[/DLMURL] as a trainee plumber.

Just a note of interest for those unable to get a college placement or wishing to do an intensive course, the IPHE only recognise plumbers with an NVQ2 qualification or higher apart from those who have trained with OLCI.

hope this helps people in deciding what course is right and whether they think registration is necessary.

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
so the IPHE recognises the OCLI as the best course, Ive been looking into doing a course and OCLI seemed the best. Is it??

I think what they are saying is the if you trained at OLCI, then you will not be able to register with the IPHE. :(

It is in there Directory of Industrial Associates so I think you can register

[DLMURL="http://www.iphe.org.uk/associates/industrial_assc_prod.asp?code=TR"]Training and Recruitment - IPHE Associate Members by Product/Service[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Your absolutley right :)

Thanks for your positive input there :)

yes you can become a member of iphe if you study with olci, i am and i did course with olci

I think i'm right in saying that as long as you've got an NVQ 2 or above in plumbing then you can register It doesn't matter where you do it or how much you pay to do it as long as you can.

Hello all, Im a 1st first time poster.

I am about to start a course with OLCI. I have done a vast amount of research on them and others and OLCI seem to be the best. The only thing I am reluctant about though is their success rate in getting their plumbers work afterwards. I am aware it is the trainees responsibility to impress at interviews and so on but can anyone tell me how good OLCI are at supplying the leads and contacts.

Thanks

can't see how they can supply any contacts or leads.
80% that do these courses never end up with a job at the end.
you look around how many a yr are doing these courses and how many plumbers are advertising for engineers.

they tell you what you want to hear, all the plumbing trainers etc are the new generation double glazing salesman.
their is no shortage of plumbers.
as for this yr work is drying up, newbuilds are 80% down on last yr, companys are laying off, and your the top of the ladder with brickies,elecys,roofers etc.
people are not spending this yr on major jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to OLCI training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock