Search the forum,

Discuss OIL Ticket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scrambleguy

Does any one know where i can get training for oil? I will get my domestic ccn1 Gas next month but think I may need some onsite experience which i will find difficult as i do not know anyone who has there ticket.

Does any one know where i can get training for oil? I will get my domestic ccn1 Gas next month but think I may need some onsite experience which i will find difficult as i do not know anyone who has there ticket.

Ever heard of google

You are doing your CCN1 but want training in oil? Doesn't make sense.

What area are you in?

If you're doing your CCN1 then you must have been working with a Gas Safe engineer allready right?

yes i want to do my oil after i get my gas next month (hopefully) i live in Brighton area

Yes I have been working with gas engineers.

I was under the impression you still needed some onsite training even with the 3 day pre assesment training?

For oil. Yes you would need some training. I think you can do a longer course where they will train you to a degree. It is not as strict as Gas.

If you are a new trainee, and haven't even qualified in Gas as yet. Why do you want to add oil to your qualifications.

My advice, learn to walk before you can run. I mean no disrespect by that by the way. Just my opinion.

Two weeks to do oil. OFTEC 50 before you can go on to 101, 102, etc.

Only gives you the basics. Frightening really.

You're probably best finding some oily person to work with you on your first few jobs. Much more comfortable for you and much safer for the customer.

Nowdays there are a number of good, experience oil technicians who are not oftec registered anymore (mainly due to red tape and expense). If you can hook up with one of these you can learn loads then sign their work off for them.

Similarly, I knew of an oldish electrician (now retired) who was briliant at electrics but couldn't sign off work so he teamed up with a younger person, taught him enough to pass exams and this younger chap became registered then was able to sign off their work. When the older one retired he passed on all his customers to the (now not so young) chappie (who is now my sparky).

Red tape is right by my understanding, I've been looking into it. It's like they want to put you off joining Oftec on purpose.

Red tape is right by my understanding, I've been looking into it. It's like they want to put you off joining Oftec on purpose.

Fully agree, the other down side is you are now deemed competent which might not be a bad thing if you are working in an area where building control is active.

Downside for Ireland is nobody enforces any of the regs but if you make a mistake or compete by installing a standard oil tank where a bunded should be used and there is a problem the OFTEC man gets in the kneck because he should have known better.

Honestly my advice is stay away from registering for skills that you don't really need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to OIL Ticket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock