Discuss Oil problem causing lock out ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to another local engineer he said riello make the pump key way out of cheese. Lol

Lol! And the gear must be made of butter, given that the worn key also cuts way into the first gear of pump. :)
Riello have a history of dodgy oil pumps going back about 30 years and seems to be in certain periods.
Not fit for purpose IMO and a real shame as it is a weak point on decent burners

Watch out for Riello pumps slightly leaking at spindle. Noticed where motor bearing had gone that very careful inspection at pump spindle shows slight sign of kerosine. I know that also applies to other pumps. This is the disadvantage of motor to pump direct drive.

Always changed more danfoss than riello pumps. Probably down to type boilers round my way. All the newer boilers i have installed or visited are all rdb burners.

Always changed more danfoss than riello pumps. Probably down to type boilers round my way. All the newer boilers i have installed or visited are all rdb burners.

Also was very common round here to have Electro oil burners or Minor one burners with Danfoss oil pumps. Very reliable usually. Now majority are Riellos burners on newish boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil problem causing lock out ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
got new oil and tried to start my reillo g3b oil burner ,when it idnt fire and went to lockout i bleed the pump and check the nozzle ,and...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install...
Replies
Views
problem with my oil boiler everything has been change all cleaned out set up but still locks out , if I remove photcell and shine a light on it it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock