Discuss Oil problem causing lock out ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to another local engineer he said riello make the pump key way out of cheese. Lol

Lol! And the gear must be made of butter, given that the worn key also cuts way into the first gear of pump. :)
Riello have a history of dodgy oil pumps going back about 30 years and seems to be in certain periods.
Not fit for purpose IMO and a real shame as it is a weak point on decent burners

Watch out for Riello pumps slightly leaking at spindle. Noticed where motor bearing had gone that very careful inspection at pump spindle shows slight sign of kerosine. I know that also applies to other pumps. This is the disadvantage of motor to pump direct drive.

Always changed more danfoss than riello pumps. Probably down to type boilers round my way. All the newer boilers i have installed or visited are all rdb burners.

Always changed more danfoss than riello pumps. Probably down to type boilers round my way. All the newer boilers i have installed or visited are all rdb burners.

Also was very common round here to have Electro oil burners or Minor one burners with Danfoss oil pumps. Very reliable usually. Now majority are Riellos burners on newish boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil problem causing lock out ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock