Search the forum,

Discuss Offset radiator tails? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone come across any/know where to get some? Thinking something like those offset connections you get with some bar mixer showers, but in rad tail form. The reason is that the tiler on a job I'm working on has cut his tiles tight to the pipes but 10mm too far apart, so the towel rail I'm fitting doesn't line up with the pipes coming through the floor (I drilled big holes on first fix to allow a bit of post-installation movement...) Tiles are mega hard, can't be drilled, so no chance of chipping the edge away either.

Any ideas anyone? Failing this I'll have to find some straight-through valves that aren't quite straight-through, only issue there of course is that they won't match the other towel rails in the house, so if offset tails are available they'd be the best option.

Oh yeah, one final thing, no chance of getting anything on the pipework before the valves as, due to limited headroom, the towel rail had to be installed quite low to the floor and so there's only an inch of pipework before the valves.

PTS do cheap straight through valves that are around 5mm out of line.

2 x 45 deg chrome street elbows?

Other than that what about using one of those drills advertised on here then fitting a pipe collar around it or just take the hammer to the tiles:eek:

Ah, thought I'd get some somewhere :D Haven't yet found 45º threaded street elbows, if there's some out there they may do, bit messy though. As for drilling, the tiler attempted to drill one of the tiles using his pro wet diamond kit and he'd barely scratched the surface before the bit burned out. They're proper hard tiles

Might end up doing that, would rather not though as it's not just two tiles, the floor was laid before the walls so the wall tiles on top of the floor tiles would also need to come off. They're stuck to plasterboard so that'd probably get damaged in the process, and so it goes on...

can you cut the brackets back a bit, some of the cheaper towel rails you can get away with this as i once had the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Offset radiator tails? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock