Discuss Offset radiator tails? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone come across any/know where to get some? Thinking something like those offset connections you get with some bar mixer showers, but in rad tail form. The reason is that the tiler on a job I'm working on has cut his tiles tight to the pipes but 10mm too far apart, so the towel rail I'm fitting doesn't line up with the pipes coming through the floor (I drilled big holes on first fix to allow a bit of post-installation movement...) Tiles are mega hard, can't be drilled, so no chance of chipping the edge away either.

Any ideas anyone? Failing this I'll have to find some straight-through valves that aren't quite straight-through, only issue there of course is that they won't match the other towel rails in the house, so if offset tails are available they'd be the best option.

Oh yeah, one final thing, no chance of getting anything on the pipework before the valves as, due to limited headroom, the towel rail had to be installed quite low to the floor and so there's only an inch of pipework before the valves.

PTS do cheap straight through valves that are around 5mm out of line.

2 x 45 deg chrome street elbows?

Other than that what about using one of those drills advertised on here then fitting a pipe collar around it or just take the hammer to the tiles:eek:

Ah, thought I'd get some somewhere :D Haven't yet found 45º threaded street elbows, if there's some out there they may do, bit messy though. As for drilling, the tiler attempted to drill one of the tiles using his pro wet diamond kit and he'd barely scratched the surface before the bit burned out. They're proper hard tiles

Might end up doing that, would rather not though as it's not just two tiles, the floor was laid before the walls so the wall tiles on top of the floor tiles would also need to come off. They're stuck to plasterboard so that'd probably get damaged in the process, and so it goes on...

can you cut the brackets back a bit, some of the cheaper towel rails you can get away with this as i once had the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Offset radiator tails? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, These sleeves cover 10mm PVC central heating pipes (see picture and ignore tape measure) and I believe this is what makes it possible...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
I'm going to have my bathroom renovated and that includes changing my rusty old rad for a towel rail. I wanna cut down the costs as much as...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Back