Search the forum,

Discuss Notifying bathroom to building control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JCSPLUMBING

Got a job to do next year where they asked if I'm going to notify it to building control as part of the price. I've never notified a bathroom to building control and didn't know that you had to if it already had one there in the first place. I don't mind notifying my work. Just caught me by surprise.

I think if its a completly new bathroom you have to, but an existing one no .

I did my mates ensuite (all new ) a couple of years ago, when i told him what it cost £180 ish he said no fecing chance lol .

Haha. That's what I'm thinking the cust will say when I tell them the price of it. I'm not including it at that price

Bathrooms like for like are not notifiable. Even says on the download.

Thanks Simon, just confused on new pipework or alterations to pipework.

Before long you will have to notify bc to take a dump. Nothing about it other than coin.

Do you think BC are bothered, with cut backs they have not got enough staff to deal with everything, had one couple of years back about notifying a unvented cylinder, they sent out a young girl from the office, she did not have a clue what she was looking at, talk about head in the clouds, think she was more concerned about what to were when she met her boyfriend, lot of cases its just a money making exercise , can you imagine them knocking on everyone's house and asking to see the bathroom, just in case they have fitted a new one !! Proberly more get done by DIY than trades. This job is getting over-run by a lot of stupid legislation, made up by office bods who cant tell one end of a spanner from the other, just more concerned with how to screw people over for more money, the way it's going you'll have to notify them on what colour toilet paper you use just incase it doesn't match your bathroom.

I think I will do a "Freedom of Information Request" & ask - Just how many names are there on that Competent Persons Register who are able to sign off Part H work?

bet it would be less than 10. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Notifying bathroom to building control in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted 241 junior mark 3. The expansion tank has failed, also it has a Boss therm sender unit wired to it but the previous owner didn't leave the receiver...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water cylinder installation. It was my first time installing an UHWC by myself as I've recently started my own business. Before I started the job I realised that...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some domestic and new builds here and there. Sole trader working for numerous different companies. Been thinking that maybe it's time I started my own...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock