Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi assure 30? Any good? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield .
We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted 241 junior mark 3.
The expansion tank has failed, also it has a Boss therm sender unit wired to it but the previous owner didn't leave the receiver unit which I'm assuming is a timer /stat control.
So we can only turn it on /off at the boiler and control temperature on the boiler and rad stats.
It starts off at 0 pressure and builds up slowly unless I top up manually.
I don't qualify for an economics grant, apparently the boiler isn't old enough, I've been quoted £2030 by clever energy for a Baxi assure 30.
Not sure what to do.
I actually have a new external expansion tank as I considered fitting it myself but it also needs a controller which I'm not up on.
Don't know whether to bite the bullet and get a new boiler or play around with this one.
Any thoughts on the baxi?
Cheers for any help you can give.

I'm sure getting a gas safe engineer in to replace the expansion vessel (I take is you meant the vessel failed) would be cheaper than replacing the whole lot. He could probably advise on what controller options are available too

Assure only 2 years warranty

Either duo tec compact or platinum compact 7 or 10 years warranty would be my vote

Tbh for £300 you could get the existing one serviced and up and running

Does the flue go out the back of the boiler or through the roof ?

Assure only 2 years warranty

Either duo tec compact or platinum compact 7 or 10 years warranty would be my vote

Tbh for £300 you could get the existing one serviced and up and running

Does the flue go out the back of the boiler or through the roof ?
Sorry for the late reply.
It goes through the back. 20240121_125408.jpgit's got this next to it.
I Haven't got the other half of it though, I think it was thrown out by previous owner. I suppose I can replace this with a complete new one with a receiver.
I also now have an external fit expansion tank ,thinking about doing that myself but not sure which is best pipe to tee into ,(see pic)
Cheers.

Attachments

• 17058423246883924730083385168146.jpg
    17058423246883924730083385168146.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 5
Sorry for the late reply.
It goes through the back.View attachment 86674it's got this next to it.
I Haven't got the other half of it though, I think it was thrown out by previous owner. I suppose I can replace this with a complete new one with a receiver.
I also now have an external fit expansion tank ,thinking about doing that myself but not sure which is best pipe to tee into ,(see pic)
Cheers.

You would need to remove the existing broken one (expansion vessel) as they tend to rust through etc

The stat simple enough to replace etc so wouldn’t be much money etc

Ah right,could I not isolate it, the boiler has to come off completely to remove them I was told..

Easier to remove the flue

And no there’s no isolation valve

Reply to Baxi assure 30? Any good? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock